dear husband,
some things have become crystal clear to me.
i, with my desires, my yearning and burning,
my headful of crazy ideas and lifetime of incomplete projects,
i am not the amusing freak that you believe.
in fact you couldn't be further from the truth.
you are damaged, deluded, repressed, and wasting away.
me, i've been there, done that; such things no longer draw me in.
my effort, my struggling, this constant motion has finally paid a dividend.
and i have grown.
we were not given life, breath, intellect or heart, in order to hibernate our way through this earthly existence
or even to tread water.
oh well,
you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
so be it.
yours truly,
songbird
Blog this! What? Why? ------ I have NO idea what I'm doing blogging. It is entirely possible that this shall remain a private journal because it's not very likely that I'll ever give anyone the url. But just in case, I guess I'll make this small intro.
For the past several years I've been on an exploration of who I am and why. Mid-life crisis? Development? Growth? Spiritual awakening? Who knows! Shockingly, over time I've come to enjoy writing, something I hated with a passion in school.
And so, I am creating this blog.
For the past several years I've been on an exploration of who I am and why. Mid-life crisis? Development? Growth? Spiritual awakening? Who knows! Shockingly, over time I've come to enjoy writing, something I hated with a passion in school.
And so, I am creating this blog.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment