Blog this! What? Why? ------ I have NO idea what I'm doing blogging. It is entirely possible that this shall remain a private journal because it's not very likely that I'll ever give anyone the url. But just in case, I guess I'll make this small intro.
For the past several years I've been on an exploration of who I am and why. Mid-life crisis? Development? Growth? Spiritual awakening? Who knows! Shockingly,
over time I've come to enjoy writing, something I hated with a passion in school.
And so, I am creating this blog.

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Say CHEEEEESE!

SO what is it with old photographs?

You know what I mean, right?

They don't bring true happiness or comfort, do they?

Or is it only me? who is ruminating - - -

"oh god I was so skinny then, if only..... we could go back.... and appreciate.....

"wow! I look so happy!..... Ahhhh if only I could be that happy today....

But was I? happy?
Well of course I was...
No!... No?...
Well, yeah, No.
When I think about it, no, I was probably bluffing... but damn don't it look good!

Actually though I don't remember the moment in which that pic was snapped, I don't remember it at all...
I don't remember squat to be honest.
Hmmmm, well now, still, how shall I go about being happy today? happy as I appeared to be on that day?... I think that's the attraction....cuz THAT is something I want, something I need... seeing that smile reminded me...
Oh no.... wait, you say that can't be done, I can't go back huh?... I can't be that again. Yeah, that day is past... and it was never what it seemed to begin with.

BUT but I swear I can ALMOST touch it! afterall I have this picture.... and it is tugging at my heart-strings...

What is that longing?
What is it?
Torture?
Why?
Longing for what?
Something real?
but That wasn't real.
If it had been real I think I'd still feel it, I'd still be it,
I'd exude IT instead of this loneliness that dogs me.

Is anything real?
idk

These pics, were real at some point in the past? I want them to be real. I want them to be now.

They document times past, past times yes, but real ones no less.
There is comfort in that, right?
Why not take comfort where you can?
But the feeling they bring isn't really comfort.
And so, wtf does all this mean?

Why are you staring at the pics again?
Why are you framing them, labeling them, uploading them? Don't you have something better to do with your time?

You can't touch them, they are soul-flight.
Wishing them tangible only fills you with longing, for an illusion, that never was.
You can't be them.... ever.... and/or again.
You can only be now, now. And never know, if now was, or was not. So, be.
Be done with
the past.

No comments: